A plumber is a person who has received training on the works, installation, removal and servicing of pipes and plumbers’ equipment in any construction or building such as an office or home. Plumbers are responsible for anything do to with water, fluids, drainage or fluid waste from ablutions.
People have a rather unfavourable idea of plumbers, and people generally think that their days are filled only with dealing with blocked ablutions, sewage tanks and dirty drains, but it is far more complicated and intricate than this. There is actually a wide range of responsibilities involved, and plumbers can choose to specialise in one or more of these categories:
We offer professional, high-quality plumbing services for homes in Cape Town and the surrounding areas.
Hot Water Problems
AD Plumber is proud to offer services, installations, and repairs for hot water, as well as repairs and services for geysers all over Cape Town.
Low Water Pressure Issues
AD Plumbers can help you increase water pressure in your home if you have problems with low water pressure.
Blocked drains can create massive plumbing problems and often lead to leaks that cost a lot of money to fix. Our team can find your blockage and clear it.
Our skilled plumbers can find all kinds of water leaks using the most up-to-date water leak detection tools.
Andrew Duncan is proud to offer kitchen and bathroom plumbing renovation services to clients all over Cape Town.
- Plumbers do the installation and reparation of liquid waste, water, drains and gas in buildings. They are also responsible for the installation of any appliances and fittings that has anything to do with the above, such as plumbing in a washing machine or fitting taps and basins.
- Pipe layers are responsible for the installation of all the relevant pipes for the required services. They work with pipes of any description and materials – plastic, concrete, iron, ceramic or copper. They can also specialist in industrial piping which will allow them to work with heavy duty pipes such as large pipelines for chemicals in factories. They are usually experts in welding and joining pipes of all descriptions and functions.
- Pipefitters will generally ensure that pipes which control low pressured and highly pressurised systems. These pipes can be in factories or in homes.
- Steamfitters are responsible for the installation of pipes in which gas and liquid are circulated under high pressure.
- Sprinkler fitters will service and put in fire sprinklers as a fire precaution.
Irrespective of which area of specialization is chosen, the plumber has to be au fair with technical drawings and plan layouts, and must be able to employ a wide range of plumbing techniques alongside many different plumbing materials.
Plumbers must also have the ability to work with people as they have to deal with clients, building contractors and workers on site. They quite often work for themselves and in these cases need to have a good business acumen and be able to perform administrative tasks to stay on top of invoicing and taxes.
Plumber Services can include aspects of general, domestic & commercial plumbing tasks as well as issuing compliance certificates in respect to the relevent legislation concerning dwellings and business properties.